1. Get back into the workforce- People leave the workforce for all types of reasons: to care for loved ones, to be a stay-at-home parent, laid off, or to attend school full-time. If you have experienced a gap in your resume and want to get back in the workforce, temp to perm positions are a great opportunity to get your foot in the door.
2. Boost resume- If you have minimal work experience, a temp to perm position is perfect for sprucing up your resume. You can include newly acquired skills on your resume that may help you snag your dream job in the future.
3. Temporary could become permanent- There’s plenty you can do during this time to make a good impression and learn the ropes. Work hard and be a great team player. It’s possible you will be extended a permanent offer. Not only will you now receive company benefits, but you may also earn a pay increase.
4. Expand your professional network- Forming great professional relationships with your new colleagues will be beneficial to your everyday duties as well as your future endeavors. Most of the time, it’s all about who you know that can help career advancement.
5. Interest in a new career- It’s a great opportunity to learn another line of work, acquire a new set of skills or absorb information that could be helpful in the future. In that case, if an offer is extended, you will have all the tools to succeed on the job. If an offer is not extended, you will have added to your skill set and gained a wealth of knowledge, escalating your market value as a job seeker.