Do you have experience as a Health Information Associate?
We have a few positions available within the medical and legal industries in Providence, RI!
Daily Tasks of a Health Information Associate include:
- Attention to detail to create/pull charts electronically for scheduled patients appointments per the clinic’s procedures.
- Sort, file and collate a variety of medical records and information into patient medical records in the appropriate sequence and in accordance with established procedures; ensure that filing is thorough by checking patient identifying information on all documents; obtain reports/data from affiliated hospitals/ laboratories/physicians as required in order to ensure chart is up-to-date for a scheduled visit.
- Research lost or missing records in accordance with established procedures; ensure medical record location appropriately documented in systems
- Assist the designated Medical Information Release individual in retrieving medical information/medical records in order to answer authorized requests in support of patient care activities, patient account settlements, and third-party sponsorship.
- Pull charts as needed for special audits, peer review, refill requests, RN callbacks, and such.
Qualifications Health Information Associate:
- A minimum of one year of experience working with medical records and EMR systems in a medical office is required
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
City Personnel offers extended interview hours from 7 am-7 pm ** upon request
City Personnel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, national origin, religion, marital status, service status, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact us.