A busy medical practice based in Providence, RI is looking for an experienced Medical Biller/Coder with previous knowledge of the medical billing processes. The right candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, eager to expand their medical billing and/or coding knowledge.
Responsibilities for Medical Biller/Coder:
- Review and entry of daily office charges and claims, and research any discrepancies
- Entering and auditing billing codes to ensure proper billing through insurances and providers
- Assist with patient calls to resolve billing or payment concerns when needed
- Maintain and update billing procedures as regulations/requirement changes occur
- Accuracy in recording charges, payments, billing files, etc.
- Charge entry and payment posting
Requirements for the Medical Biller/Coder:
- Medical billing and coding experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Familiarity with CPT and ICD-10 coding practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel spreadsheets, and accounting and billing software
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information about client services and records in compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- CPC certification preferred
Submit your resume today for consideration!
City Personnel is a leading staffing agency in Providence, RI.
City Personnel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact us.
Please note: City Personnel offers extended interview hours from 7am-7pm ** upon request