A busy Providence-based medical office is seeking an energetic individual with excellent attention to detail to fill the role of a Medical Secretary within their team. You must be professional, efficient, organized, and have the ability to multi-task under pressure. Previous medical office experience is required.
Responsibilities of the Medical Secretary:
- Schedule and adjust appointments according to a patient’s request and/or scheduling guidelines.
- Proactively review schedule to maintain accuracy and provide feedback to team members.
- Perform administrative and general office-related duties.
- Update and verify patient’s demographic and insurance information.
- Identify, collect, and post co-payments and fees.
- Check patients in and out for appointments including scheduling future appointments, as instructed.
Requirements of the Medical Secretary:
- Minimum 1 year experience in a medical office.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with colleagues and patients..
- Experience with EMR systems.
Submit your resume today!
City Personnel is a leading staffing agency in Providence, RI.
City Personnel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact us.
Please note: City Personnel offers extended interview hours from 7am-7pm ** upon request