Busy Warwick-based accounting firm seeking an experienced Tax Preparer for tax return preparation, including individual, partnership, and corporate returns. The position starts in January and will lead to a full-time permanent job opportunity for the right candidate.
Duties of the Tax Preparer:
- Completes all tax forms in accordance with policies, and in compliance with legislation and regulations
- Furnishes taxpayers with sufficient information and advice to ensure correct tax form completion
- Consults tax law reference materials to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns
- Answers questions and provides future tax planning to clients
- Reviews financial records, such as income statements and documentation of expenditures, to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns
- Researches tax related questions and issues, and responds to clients appropriately and within a timely manner
- Resolves client complaints, or refers situations to supervisor (as appropriate) for resolution
- Reviews all tax return forms for accuracy and completeness (i.e., client signatures)
Qualifications and Skills of the Tax Preparer:
- Three or more years of recent experience preparing federal and state returns for individuals and businesses are required.
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks and general ledger accounting required.
- Knowledge of ProFx.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- The position requires you to be detail-oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task.
- Should be a self-starter who is able to work independently and collaboratively on assigned tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Want to explore more exciting job opportunities? Click here
City Personnel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact us.
City Personnel offers extended interview hours from 7 am-7 pm ** upon request