If you are an experienced Corporate Controller looking for a new opportunity with a great public company located in Portsmouth, RI area, then this may be something for you. This position would entail knowledge of all aspects of financial reporting, assistance with tax and audit related activities, oversight of a small financial team, and direct support to the Executive Chair and board.
Responsibilities of the Corporate Controller:
- Direct and manage accounting function including general accounting, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
- Prepare financial reports and analyses for the company’s executive management that summarize or forecast the company’s financial position
- Assist in the preparation, tracking, reporting, and analysis of annual budgets, budget components, forecasts, and related variances
- Maintain the accuracy and timeliness of data used in balance sheet inventory valuation and calculating the cost of goods sold in accordance with various standards such as GAAP, tax, and internal guidelines
- Provide recommendations for pricing of strategic programs and special projects
- Liaise with other departments on different reports and projects
- Oversee the financial department
Requirements of the Corporate Controller:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting required
- A minimum of 5 – 10+ years of previous experience as a controller
- Ideally CPA or tax experience preferred
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel (or Google Sheets equivalent)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Please send your resume to apply for immediate consideration.
In consideration of recent events regarding the Covid-19 virus, City Personnel is offering virtual interviewing in lieu of an in-person interview.
City Personnel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact us.
|Job Category||Accounting & Finance|