Downtown Providence law firm is seeking a Law Firm Accounting & Billing Specialist with at least 2 years of billing experience, including preparation of client bills, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and collections, preferably in a law firm.
Responsibilities of the Law Firm Accounting & Billing Specialist:
- Knowledge of effective legal billing procedures and computerized legal billing systems
- Review time entries to ensure proper matter coding, billing rates, and compliance with attorney/client/e-billing guidelines
- Prepare accurate pre-bills for assigned billing partners
- Generate prompt monthly client invoices using legal billing programs and distribute to clients via mail, e-mail, or e-billing as required
- Monthly review of retainer accounts and timely application of same to client invoices
- Monitor accounts receivable functions and reports and update payment status information related to past due accounts
- Special projects as required
Qualifications of the Law Firm Accounting & Billing Specialist:
- Previous billing or accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in business administration, accounting, finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to take initiative, organize time, prioritize tasks effectively and work with minimum supervision with individuals at all levels of the firm
- Law firm experience and proficiency using legal software and online billing programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to exchange information and to present ideas, report facts, and other information clearly and concisely
Please send your resume to apply for immediate consideration.
City Personnel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact us.
|Job Category||Accounting & Finance, Legal|