We are seeking a wonderful Patient Care Specialist to join a fantastic medical practice here in the Providence, RI area. Ideally someone who holds previous experience in performing clerical duties in a medical office setting. This is a unique role in that it combines both direct and indirect patient care duties. It requires a strong balance of administrative skills and interpersonal abilities.
Duties of the Patient Care Specialist:
- Checking patients in and out as required
- Answering the phones
- Scheduling appointments
- Interviewing patients for case histories and key information prior to appointments
- Compiling medical records and charts
- Processing insurance payments
- Transferring lab results to the appropriate clinician
- Maintaining supplies and appearance for the office
Requirements of the Patient Care Specialist:
- 1 year+ previous experience in a medical office
- High School diploma a minimum
- Use and understanding of medical terminology
- Previous use of an EMR system
Qualified candidates, please submit your resume for consideration.
In consideration of recent events regarding the Covid-19 virus, City Personnel is offering virtual interviewing in lieu of an in-person interview.
City Personnel is a leading staffing agency in Providence, RI.
City Personnel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact us.
|Job Category||Administrative, Healthcare|