A medical practice in the Providence, RI area is looking for a Billing Specialist – Medical to join their growing team!
Note: Previous knowledge of the medical billing processes is required.
If you are motivated, detail-oriented and can take initiative, apply today!
** The Medical Biller is a key player in the organizations team to ensure the patients’ accounts have been accurately billed in a timely manner.
Responsibilities for a Billing Specialist – Medical
- Verify insurance coverage and obtain dialysis treatment approval when necessary for new patients
- Key and record daily patient charges and key and post cash/remittance
- Bill primary and secondary payer in a timely manner
- Review all patient accounts and follow up appropriately in a consistent and timely manner
- Update patient files as needed. • Read and communicate new information received from Medicare, Medicaid, or insurance company
- Balance accounts receivable and claim overpayment accounts and maintain accurate subledgers
- Input accurate information into the computer application, verify and reconcile information pertaining to accounting responsibilities
- Write off bad debts and have Regional Office Administrator verify and then have Area Operations Director and Medical Director sign monthly
Requirements for the Billing Specialist – Medical
- Medical billing and coding experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Familiarity with CPT and ICD-10 coding practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel spreadsheets, and accounting and billing software
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information about client services and records in compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- CPC certification preferred
Want to explore more exciting job opportunities? Click here
City Personnel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact us.
Please note: City Personnel offers extended interview hours from 7am-7pm ** upon request