The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for all maintenance operations of the apartment complex, including service requests, preventative maintenance, personnel management, compliance with safety standards, and customer service for a property by downtown Providence, RI.
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Supervisor:
- Maintenance Management
- Coordinate, schedule and respond to resident/management request and work orders
- Ensure all repairs and replacements necessary for community common areas and units
- Inspect grounds, building and other community features daily to daily to identify,
- minimize and correct hazardous property conditions or liability concerns
- Manage and order maintenance supplies inventory while adhering to budget guidelines
- set by Community Manager
- Maintain preventative maintenance program that extends the life of the community while
- minimizing future repairs
- Maintain well-organized and property stocked maintenance shop while adhering to safety
- standards and OSHA guidelines
- Maintain hazard communications program; teach and promote safe work practices
- Participate in unit inspections as requested
- Responsible for key control of community
- Maintain accurate records in regards to service requests, EPA/OSHA standards,
- preventative maintenance, apartment make-ready status, work in progress, etc.
- Assist with the general upkeep, maintenance and cleaning of office, common areas and
- model unit
- Participate in on-call emergency at community
- Plan for and utilize property resources, equipment and supplies economically (i.e.
- obtaining bids/pricing from vendors, suppliers and contractors, dealing with inadequate
- service, etc.)
- Give direction to and monitor maintenance, construction, and rehabilitation activities to
- ensure quality and expediency (i.e. “walk” units to ensure make-ready and work orders
- are completed)
- Under direction of Community Manager, supervises, trains and schedules maintenance
- activities for maintenance staff
- Check work progress of each maintenance staff on daily basis; provide immediate
- assistance and instruction if needed.
- Provide Community Manager input regarding employee performance evaluations
- Ensure effectiveness of staff through ongoing training, coaching, counseling, and
- guidance in compliance with Asset training benchmarks
- Promote harmony and quality job performance of staff through support and effective
- Manage excellent customer service and monitor service request turnaround and
- Projects a favorable image of the community to achieve property objectives and public
- Ensure consistency in dealing with residents on all matters
- Enforce policies of the community that are delegated by immediate supervisor
Qualifications of the Maintenance Supervisor:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- EPA & CPO certification required, HVAC desired.
- Ability to understand and perform all on-site software functions; basic computer skills required.
- Must have basic knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and OSHA requirements.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently
- required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If this role sounds like you, please submit your resume for consideration!
City Personnel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact us.