A providence-based medical facility is seeking to hire an experienced Medical Records Specialist.
Responsibilities of the Medical Records Specialist:
- Create/pull charts electronically for scheduled patient appointments per clinic procedures; ensure thoroughness and accuracy of the chart
- Sort, file and collate a variety of medical records and information into patient medical records in the appropriate sequence and in accordance with established procedures; ensure that filing is thorough by checking patient identifying information on all documents; obtain reports/data from affiliated hospitals/ laboratories/physicians as required in order to ensure chart is up-to-date for a scheduled visit.
- Research lost or missing records in accordance with established procedures; ensure medical record location appropriately documented in systems
- Assist the designated Medical Information Release individual in retrieving medical information/medical records in order to answer authorized requests in support of patient care activities, patient account settlements and third party sponsorship.
- Pull charts as needed for special audits, peer review, refill requests, RN callbacks and such.
Requirements for Medical Records Specialist:
- A minimum of one year of experience working with medical records and EMR systems in a medical office is required
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
Please submit your resumes today to be considered!
In consideration of recent events regarding the Covid-19 virus, City Personnel is offering virtual interviewing in lieu of an in-person interview.
City Personnel is a leading staffing agency in Providence, RI.
City Personnel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact us.